- Mobile: 415.307.9418
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.napafarmhouse1885.com/index.html
Napa farmhouse 1885
DESCRIPTION:napa farmhouse 1885 is a new on-line green lifestyle brand carrying products for home, garden, accessories, jewelry and pet accessories, all handmade from reused, recycled, repurposed and/or reimagined materials. our assortment comes from eco-friendly artists and craftspeople in the napa valley of california..and from small towns throughout the united states. we display detailed bios for all of our featured artists on our website in an effort to promote them and their work…. we plan to add organic dog treats and a small organic food line in late 2008.
Why these product/services considered as GREEN? (what’s the impact on the environment/community)a small business, cooking…tasting…seeking fresh, local and organic
ingredients and creating the recipes in my products.ensuring social responsibility
Ensuring social responsibility is embedded into every facet of our business
Corny Chocolate Cake
2 cups unbleached flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp instant coffee crystals
1 cup white corn kernels (usually takes corn from 2 cobs)
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp melted butter
3-4 tbsp boiling water
1/8 tsp instant coffee crystals
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease bundt pan and dust with cocoa powder to prevent sticking
3. Using a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt..set aside.
4. In the bowl of a mixer, beat eggs until a bit frothy. Add olive oil, cocoa powder,
sugars and coffee crystals..beat until thoroughly combined. Meanwhile, in a food processor, add the corn kernels and process until smooth and liquefied. You should not see any kernels.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix just until combined
6. Add the corn mixture and mix until combined
7. Fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed.
8. Pour into the prepared pan and bake on center rack of oven approx. 50-60 minutes or until a bamboo stick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool, 10-15 minutes on a rack and then remove from pan and let cool on the rack. When completely cool, drizzle with the chocolate glaze if desired or sift powdered sugar over cake top in lieu of glaze.
Whisk together all ingredients except water in small bowl. Add 3 tbsp boiling water and whisk until combined. Add the remaining tbsp water if needed. The glaze should be just thin enough to pour easily.
This cake is best eaten the day it is